The blog of a 58 year-old gay man living in Melbourne, Australia; a writer, broadcaster, cultural critic and arts advocate.
Str8 boys r so gay!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Need more proof? Head over to photographer Brian Finke's site, where these amazingly homoerotic photographs are from. (This post inspired/lovingly ripped off from JockoHomo.)
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Comments
Anonymous said…
"I saw his image clearer in his absence Than nearer him, for my eyes were strangely troubled; And never had I dared talk thus to him."
when i saw the title of your post, i thought it would be about the carlton football team celebrating their big win on "gay night" at love machine, as reported by the age [their words not mine]. needless to say, after seeing the pictures i'm very sorry it isn't afl players...
Anonymous said…
I thought that was just normal white people behavior, not gay people. I'll understand it one day..
Anonymous said…
Reminds me of the Community Cup and that photo I got of the Ox about to kiss JVG on the mouth. Heard anything about the Sissies and Sluts show at Ding Dong? Took heaps of photos last night there.
Anonymous said…
Reminds me of the very macho stag party I witnessed on Saturday, where a dozen guys who had been drinking all day came to the same restaurant I was in and were snogging each other on dares. They also took pictures of one guy giving mock blow jobs to the others.
The long-awaited film adaptation of Jack Kerouac’s ground-breaking novel presents the perfect opportunity to re-examine the lives of the Beat Generation, writes Richard Watts. It’s not hyperbole to say that the Beat Generation – a small coterie of writers who met up in New York City in the spring of 1944 – changed the world. Without their individual quests for personal freedoms – a quest for sex and drugs before there was rock and roll; a quest which spawned the western world’s first counter-culture, the beatniks – the hippy movement of the Sixties would never have happened, and punk would have been a quiet snarl rather than a global reaction. Of all the Beat Generation writers, Jack Kerouac, author of the autobiographical beatnik bible, On the Road , is unequivocally the most famous. Born in Lowell, Massachusetts in 1922, to working class French-Canadian parents, Kerouac aspired to be a writer from a young age, though he was also a keen football player. Indeed, it ...
Finished work last night and went out for a quick Vietnamese meal in the city before embarking on a brief absinthe tour of two Melbourne bars, The Toff in Town and Cookie , which helpfully are in the same building as one another. (As an aside, the links above are to Age reviews of the bars; and really, they should take their photos at night, as the daylight photos on the paper's website are utterly lacking in atmosphere). The Toff had a very limited range of brands on offer; only four, one of which was the utterly vile Green Fairy brand, which all good absintheurs should avoid like the plague. The brand I eventually chose, which I hadn't tried before, was Jacques Senaux Blue , from Spain (80% proof). Because I always drink my absinthe with sugar and water in the traditional fashion (although most places insist on setting the sugar alight, which is flamboyant, whereas actually the water should be slowly dripped onto the sugar until it dissolves - incidentally, the only plac...
Comments
Than nearer him, for my eyes were strangely troubled;
And never had I dared talk thus to him."
That's like SO gay.